American Friends How to Donate
Why do we need your help? With your generous donations we can make a massive difference to the lives of people in Scotland. There are a few quick and simple ways to Donate today.
All payments to support our work will be made centrally to the American Scottish Foundation who have designated the American Friends of Scotland’s Canals & Waterways as a key partner charity.
575 Madison Avenue, 10th floor
New York NY 10021
Planned Giving, Planned gifts and bequests offer a donor income and tax advantages and may make a far larger gift possible.
Planned Giving instruments include Bequests (Legacies), Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Deferred Gift Annuities, Gift Annuities and Retirement Plans. We recommend you consult your professional adviser, accountant, attorney, or bank official to make arrangements for planned giving.
A bequest of any size provides a gift for Scottish Waterways Trust in your will and is one of the simplest ways to support the inland waterways of Scotland’s future. You may arrange for Scottish Waterways Trust to receive:
- A specific dollar or sterling amount
- All or a percentage of the remainder of your estate after all other obligations (a residuary bequest)
- Specified assets, such as securities, real estate, or tangible personal property. If you would like to leave an object to the Scottish Waterways Trust, please contact us to discuss your plans.
In addition you can also nominate Scottish Waterways Trust as a beneficiary of an insurance policy and/or death in service.
For more information about leaving a bequest to Scottish Waterways Trust please contact our Finance & Resources Manager, Susanne McCarney on +0044 (0)1324 677809 email@example.com
We need your help to protect our precious canals and to bring them into the lives of people who need them. With your support we can continue to conserve our Scottish waterways, and help young people to connect to all that they offer – unique heritage, wildlife and beautiful green spaces.
Bequests are helping us transform our canals and inspire the communities alongside them, making a real difference:
- providing skills development and opportunities to learn
- building strong and united communities
- improving health and wellbeing
- restoring and regenerating our canals, creating vibrant waterside spaces
- preserving our waterway heritage for future generations to enjoy
- creating new homes for wildlife
We can’t do this alone – a bequest is one of the simplest ways you can help to secure our work into the future, so we can continue to use our Scottish waterways to enrich the lives of many more people.
If you have questions about your donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations to the AFSC&W are deductible for US tax purposes to the extent permitted by law.
For reference, our tax identification number is 31-1738474