Recruitment for this post has now closed
Canal Life Officer / Inverness / Part-time
Salary: £27,500 FTE (37 hours)
Salary info: 14 hours per week
Status: Fixed Term until June 2018
Closing date: Midday on Friday 17th March
Could you help drive the success of an innovative volunteering, heritage, environment and community project on the Caledonian Canal? Working with children, young people, volunteers and the general public we are looking for someone who can enthuse and motivate people and connect them with the heritage of the Caledonian Canal.
You’ll design, co-ordinate, deliver and evaluate hands-on built and heritage activities with volunteers and a wide range of stakeholders in local communities from Inverness to Fort William.
You will be able demonstrate a proven track record in:
- Developing and implementing practical, outdoors opportunities
- Delivering natural heritage activities for community groups, and in particular harder to reach target groups including disengaged young people and people experiencing isolation
- Linking with partners and other organisations to promote outdoor educational activities
- Adhering to Health & Safety systems and procedures
- Contribute to reporting and evaluation
- Managing programme budgets effectively
This post is funded by Heritage Lottery Fund, Postcode Local Trust and Hugh Fraser Foundation.
Scottish Waterways Trust is Scotland’s only national waterways charity, creating brighter futures for people, communities and wildlife across Scotland’s canals.
By connecting people with the heritage, wildlife and green open spaces of the Scottish canals through pioneering and innovative projects, we inspire people to get active, improve their health and mental well-being, employment prospects and community life.
To apply, download the role profile and send a CV and detailed covering letter explaining what role you are applying for and why this role is for you to firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Henderson, Scottish Waterways Trust, New Port Downie, Lime Road, Falkirk, FK1 4RS
Interviews will be held on Monday 27th March at Scottish Canals Office Inverness